Back massage is a way of providing relaxation, it is a great way to relieve your back, neck pain, and bring you peace of mind. According to a survey, massage is an effective way of reducing pain. The main purpose of the back massage is to prevent bedsore, stimulate the circulation, and provide relief and relaxation to the patient.
Equipment needed is
- Alcohol/ oil/ lotion
- Talcum powder
- Bath towel
- Massage table, or floor mat
- Warm water
- Cushions or pillow
- Adjust the bed up to a comfortable height and Help the person to lie belly down or on this abdomen with his back towards the therapist.
- Adjust the light, temperature of the room according to the comfort of the person.
- Raise your hands and apply back rubbing oil or lotion and rub the back using firm long strokes or kneading motions. You can use any of the massage techniques on the person which are –
Effleurage is also known as stroking which is a long sweeping movement that is performed using the palm of hands or fingertips. This technique breaks the knots and tension in the muscles. Strokes should be slow, gentle, and rhythmic with constant pressure in the venous stream direction.
It is also known as petrissage which helps the muscles to attain deeper massage penetration. The thumbs and knuckles are sued to knead the muscles and squeeze them.
It is also known as rhythmic tapping and as the name suggests it consists of rhythmic tapping of the back which uses fists. This technique helps in loosen and relax the muscles and energize them.
It is performed with palm or fingers over a limited area and creates heat which brings relaxation to the muscles. The palms are rubbed together or onto the skin of the person so vigorously to produce the heat of friction.
- Perform the above techniques for at least 3 to 5 minutes each.
- Alloy oil to the back as required
- Massage in upward and downward motions; use your weight to provide pressure which will keep you from getting tired.
- Finish the massage with slow motion; use little pressure all over the back. This will help the person to relax.
You can book your best session with Rapid City Massage where the certified therapist will help you to have a delightful experience of relaxation. have your wellness escape now at massage in Rapid City.